Thank you, Cecilia at Thy Word, My Thoughts for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
Cecilia loves the Lord and loves to read His Word. She shares with us the Scriptures she loves and the thoughts that God gives her as she is reading. She has a lot of really good advice for those of us who are wanting to follow the Lord! Check out her blog; you’ll be glad you did!
About the Sunshine award:
This award is given to creative, positive and cheerful bloggers by other bloggers as a token of appreciation and admiration.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to him/her.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
I’ll answer the questions Cecilia had for me first:
- What is the longest time you’ve ever lived in one location? Almost 20 years
- What is the most powerful lesson you have learned from your relationship with Jesus? His Presence with me is all I really need, and He never leaves me nor forsakes me.
- What is your favorite meal? Indian curries are aMaZing!
- Who inspires you the most and why? On a day to day basis, God is the one who inspires me because He knows the truth about me intimately, the good and the bad, and He loves me anyway. He never underestimates me, never insults me or drags me down, and He always has my best interests at heart.
- What was the last book you read, and did you like it? The last book I read was an eBook, (which I had never read an entire eBook before.) It very much held my attention till the end, even into the wee hours of the morning. Yes, I liked it! The title was Speak Your Mind – A Middle Grade Novel, by Allyson Kennedy. (She blogs at https://authoringarrowheads.wordpress.com/ )
- What is your favorite season? Spring
- Is it easy or difficult for you to speak about your faith to others? It’s usually easy for me when it just flows with the conversation. It’s hardest with family members. But I think Jesus had a similar problem. (Matthew 13:54-57)
- How would you describe yourself? Christ follower, called to encourage others through the Word/ wife, mother, grandma, teacher/ lover of music and nature/
- Where do you find inspiration for your blog posts? God gives me ideas from His Word, from situations in my life, and sometimes from dreams.
- Do you have a mentor? No, but I do have certain people that make an effort to encourage me when I let them know I need prayer.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Both. I’m an ambivert.
Here are my 11 questions for those I’ve nominated:
- Who has most poured into you the things that make you who you are today?
- What events in your life, either negative or positive, have helped you become a better version of yourself?
- Favorite weather?
- Favorite color?
- Where do you go to rest and be refreshed?
- Do you prefer the country or the big city, and why?
- Can you give us a brief testimony of how you came to know the Lord?
- What is your favorite food?
- Have you ever had a friend or family with a food allergy, and what did you learn from it?
- Have you ever traveled out of your country?
- What do you view as the most important message to help humanity?
Now for my nominee choices (check out their blogs, too!):
To my nominees, please don’t feel pressured to accept this award and all its details. Know that I just appreciate reading your posts, I’m so grateful you read mine, and your comments and feedback help me grow! Thanks for what you do!!