“The heavens are telling of the glory of God and their expanse is declaring the work of his hands. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night reveals knowledge.” Psalm 19:1,2 NASB
The heavens are telling us about God’s glory, are we listening?
What might they be saying? And how can it say that they are speaking when we do not hear the words with our ears?
Have you ever seen someone do sign language? They are speaking and understanding without hearing the words.
Are you reading this? You are understanding the words without hearing them.
Perhaps the heavens are saying:
- Look at how amazing we, the stars, are; can you imagine how amazing our Creator must be?
- Imagine the power of the One who is able to keep us in such perfect order! He is able to bring order to your life and help you, too!
- Look at how the Sun comes up and gives life on this Earth; imagine the One who provided it! He will provide all of your needs!
- Look at the beauty of the sunset; imagine the beauty of the Master Artist who painted it!
- Look at the stars and how they go on forever; the One who made them is eternal!
- Look at the immense expanse of the Dome of the heavens; God is that much greater than you, but He still loves you and sees you and hears you, even when you feel small, insignificant, unheard, and unseen.
Today I’m thankful for the stars, sunshine, sunsets, and all of these messages God can give us when we look at them and think about Him.
I’m thankful that our God is amazing, powerful, life-giving, and orderly!
I’m thankful that He provides for our needs and is ever-present!
I’m thankful that He always loves us, listens to us, and sees us even when we feel invisible!
What about you? Do you ever feel invisible? Does it make you feel small when you look at the greatness of the Milky Way? Does it help you recognize how great God is? What does it mean to you personally when you consider the above thoughts?