Hi! I hope you are all well! What have you all been doing to keep busy these days?
I thought I’d give just a quick update from my end in case you were wondering.
- Friday, Apr. 17, mix-up on my daughter’s meds; wrong quantity. Called doctor’s office and left a message.
- Saturday, the 18th, plowed the garden.
- Sunday, Apr. 19, took my daughter to mow grandma’s lawn (empty house).
- Monday the 20th, doctor’s office called back with apology for the mix-up, and we decided to make a virtual appointment for the beginning of May.
- Tues. Grocery shopping at 2 stores.
- Wednesday more grocery shopping because we’re going through the food way too fast.
- Wednesday afternoon, trip to a local nursery for veggies to plant before the rain starts.
- Also Wednesday, planted spinach, arugula, romaine, and bok choy before rain started.
- Thursday morning, I went to the chiropractor. Gentle, misty rain all day. This is great for the new plantings!
- Thursday night, headache but no fever. Took ibuprofen and went to bed. My daughter had a low-grade fever.
- Friday morning woke up early with a tickle in my throat which caused coughing. Slept the rest of the night in the recliner. Coughing stopped. Still no fever.
- Friday totally exhausted. Had to force myself to get up to eat and hydrate around 2:30 pm, then back to the recliner.
- Saturday felt a little better in the morning but ran out of energy before the day was over. My daughter had a horrible migraine that her meds weren’t touching. I rubbed some corn mint oil (Goodbye Headache from Herbaria) on her forehead and the back of her neck, and by bedtime she felt better. I rubbed another oil called “throbbin’ noggin” in the same spots at bedtime.
- Sunday morning, Apr. 26, up for Facebook live church service. My daughter is feeling better, happy that she lost weight while she was sick, 😂 and drawing a digital pic on her phone. I’m still tired, but got out in the sunshine and took these pics of the garden for you. The sunshine felt good.
I’ve had to struggle a little harder to be thankful with not feeling well and have had some moments of feeling blue, but there is still so much for which to be thankful!
Today I’m thankful that I bought lots of groceries to last a little longer!
I’m thankful to have gotten started on the garden and for the perfect kind and amount of rain at the perfect time!
I’m thankful for green!
I’m thankful for friendly phone chats with the doctor’s office and the mychart setup office.
I’m thankful not to have a fever and that my daughter is feeling better!
I’m thankful for the internet, for our virtual church services, and that I can chat and check in with you all on WordPress!
I’m especially thankful for any of you who read all the way to this point! (*Blowing virtual kisses and sending virtual hugs your way. 😘🤗)
What about you? Have you been well or not so well? Are you well supplied with groceries and other necessities? Have you been feeling blue or overwhelmed? If so, how are you overcoming?