Several weeks ago my blogging friend, Vanessa, asked those of us on her special Facebook page what our words of the year were, if we had one. At the time I told her I was still working on my past words of the year, “Listen”, “Dwell/Abide”, and “Speak”. I guess I also have had unofficial words like “Worship” and “Thanks”, which I’m still working on, as well.
So, I prayed about it, looking at where God has already been leading me this year, and felt that “Go” was the word. As a matter of fact, when I told her that my word was “Go”, I did not tell her that sometimes God’s voice in my heart was saying “Go Go Go!” So, when she made me this photo for my word of the year, God must have whispered in her heart to display “Go” in triplicate! Isn’t that amazing!
The other verse I had given her was:
“‘Go out therefore to the crossroads, and everybody you meet invite to the wedding.'”Matthew 22:9 WNT
Another verse that I found afterwards was the following:
“Which of these three do you think proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of the robbers?”
“The one who showed mercy to him,” he said.
Then Jesus told him, “Go and do the same.”Luke 10:36,37 HCSB
Basically, I believe God is telling me to “go”, by the strength He is giving me, in numerous ways:
- To walk in whatever way He may lead me on a given day,
- Go to whatever place He may lead me,
- Go show kindness to someone,
- Go encourage someone,
- Go tell someone the good news of Jesus’s love for them,
- Go outside when I feel like staying inside,
- Go when I feel like sitting and doing nothing.
So far this year that has looked like driving 3,000 miles (praise God for His protection!) in two weeks in January to take my students back to college and visit friends and family.
- It has looked like volunteering to co-teach a women’s Bible study at church.
- It has looked like helping plan and getting ready to help direct a women’s retreat,
- Like going for walks with my husband,
- Like going shopping with my young, energetic granddaughter,
- Like going to visit my grandbaby,
- Like going outside to work for hours in the garden,
- Like going out of my way to show kindness and encourage those who are hurting.
And we’re only three months into the year! I’m excited to see what other adventures God has in store for me as I have the privilege of walking through life with Him!
What about you? Do you have a word for the year or maybe a word from another year that you’re still working on?