This morning I had the joy and privilege of translating the testimony of a brother in Christ from French to English in front of the whole church! This brother is from Togo, so he speaks at least one African language plus French, and he is learning English as well.
Translating like this is something that I’ve been wanting to do for a long time, but there are not very many French-speaking people where I’ve been living. So I was very excited about this opportunity!
This service had a very international feel to it; it was beautiful!
We also had a guest speaker from another state who preached a short message from Revelation 7:9-17 on how
people from EVERY nation, tribe, and tongue will one day worship before the throne of God together!
He also mentioned that:
- Genesis 3:15 prophesies that Christ would one day crush the head of the serpent.
- The enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy.
- But Christ comes to give life and to give it more abundantly.
- Jesus is the Servant of God who blessed ALL nations.
- I’m supposed to work for the kingdom and glory of God, not for my own glory.
- If we all lived with Christ as our Lord and no other, we would have unity .
- We need to make decisions based on God’s plan to demolish hostilities and set up His Kingdom.
- He will not let us ruin His plans.
Then we sang a song called “Our Heart” by Don Moen, and it seemed to me like the throne room of God came down very close to us there in the sanctuary!
“Our Heart our desire
Is to see the nations worship
Our cry our prayer
Is to sing your praise
to the ends of the earth
That with one mighty voice
Every tribe and tongue rejoices
Our Heart our desire
Is to see the nations worship You…”
Then the pastor preached a very short message on Revelation 19:6-10 about the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. Some thoughts he covered were:
- One day our minds will be totally enraptured with the love and glory of our Bridegroom, Jesus!
- We will no longer be weighed down by the struggles of the darkness around us!
- He will completely purify us, His Bride.
- He will make us the most beautiful Bride ever, without blemish or wrinkle.
- He is the King, and He invites us to be a part of His kingdom, His family.
Then we took the Lord’s supper (Communion), Christians from at least three continents, worshipping the Lord together!
What a wonderful time of worship we had!
All praise and glory to our God and Savior, Jesus Christ!