First of all, I’d like to thank Alicia from “For His Purpose” for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I always enjoy reading your blog!
Be sure to check out Alicia’s blog if you haven’t already. She is a great writer, and her story is very relatable!
She and I both share a love for the mountains and the beach, and more importantly, for the Lord and for serving and helping others to know Him too!
About the Sunshine award:
This award is given to creative, positive and cheerful bloggers by other bloggers as a token of appreciation and admiration.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to him/her.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
I’ll answer the questions Alicia had for me first:
1) Why do you write?
I started writing years ago, sometimes just to record what was happening, sometimes because a Scripture spoke to my heart, sometimes because a poetic inspiration suddenly came upon me. I did write a few letters to encourage others, but most of my writings just sat unread in notebooks and journals. I felt God wanted me to share them with others. To my surprise, He kept giving me new inspiration, and I hope that the new material is also an encouragement to you all!
2) Who do you admire and why? (sorry I know I’m sneaking two questions)
I admire a couple of elderly, godly prayer warriors, Dawn and Carol, for their extreme love for the Lord, for their great, unshakeable faith, for their transparency, and for their compassion.
3) What has been your best vacation?
I don’t know; I loved the beaches in Puerto Rico and the mountains on the east and west coasts of the US. But I love any vacation where I get to have meaningful conversations with family and friends, and that is too many to count!
4) Where would you love to visit one day?
Maybe Ireland. It looks so green in pictures and the ocean is not too far away.
5) Why is your best friend, your best friend?
My best friend is literally Jesus. He’s just the best! No one can compare with Him. He’s always been there for me when others were too busy or otherwise unavailable. I always know He’s listening when I talk to Him. He’s never too busy.
6) What is your biggest concern (about anything)?
That my loved ones who don’t know the Lord will never come to know Him.
7) When did you last owe someone an apology?
Yesterday, I think. I like to keep short accounts and get my apologies said quickly so they’re not hanging over my head. I find that not being forgiven is stressful.
8) What’s the best movie you’ve ever watched?
9) What’s your most favorite childhood memory?
The joys of going to Bible Camp each summer
10) What do you love most about yourself? I don’t know, maybe my love for music and my affinity for other languages and cultures.
11) If you could ask Jesus a question what would it be?
How long before we get to see you?
And here are my 11 questions for those I’ve nominated:
- Who has most poured into you the things that make you who you are today?
- What events in your life, either negative or positive, have helped you become a better version of yourself?
- Favorite weather?
- Favorite color?
- Where do you go to rest and be refreshed?
- Do you prefer the country or the big city, and why?
- Can you give us a brief testimony of how you came to know the Lord?
- What is your favorite food?
- Have you ever had a friend or family with a food allergy, and what did you learn from it?
- Have you ever traveled out of your country?
- What do you view as the most important message to help humanity?
Now for my nominee choices (check out their blogs, too!):
*To my nominees, please don’t feel pressured to accept this award and all of its details. Know that I just really appreciate reading your posts, comments, and feedback! Thanks for what you do!!